i see this on another site and thought it would be good for here too
ok her is how it works

(1) if you have had eggs from a seller on ebay and had good results
with your eggs and so on

(2) post there user name and what breed they sell here for others
we all know what a mine filed ebay is so this could really help others

(3) dont forget to let us know in the post why you recommend this person
what hatch rate did you get and so on

(5) always check the sellers feedback to see how others have done (thanks to CMFAM for bringing  that up as i forgot to put that  )

(5) to the forum team i do not profit in anyway from this just thought it may help others

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
eBay recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:23 »
This seems a good idea as i have bought good and bad eggs from ebay in the past as well as selling eggs myself :)  

- The only problem i can see that may happen, and people should be aware of, what is the SELLER of the eggs lists on this topic and said they had good fertility etc and they were not. in other words trying to make out that he was the buyer and had bought the eggs, just to encourage you to buy from them? - best to check there feedback on ebay as well :)  :)

I am sorry if I sound negative,  as I think it is a good idea and myself like to go by recommendations, but it was just a thought and something to be aware of,

:)  :)

Fifitrix

• Experienced Member
eBay recommendations
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 13:11 »
Right I'll get the ball rolling.

2935thompson

I bought 6 eggs from this seller - 3 buff orpginton & 3 speckled sussex.  I had 4 hatch - 2 orps, 2 specs.  Not bad eh!

My friend also bought the same from this seller and had the same result.

rockchicks

eBay recommendations
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 19:53 »
We had 12 orpington eggs (some blue, some gold-laced and some buffs) from a seller called luckysi36 and all 12 were fertile and we had 12 chicks - 7 pullets and 5 cocks which we still have today at 25 weeks old.
We also had 12 aylesbury duck eggs (6 off 2 different sellers) with 11 hatching. The best eggs were from dkingsley2005.
All 6 were fertile and 5 hatched. They have turned out to be large ducks but not as large as some of the exhibition ducks that you see for sale.
small enough?

agapanthus

Re: eBay recommendations
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 21:56 »
Quote from: "naturesparadise"
i see this on another site and thought it would be good for here too
ok her is how it works

(1) if you have had eggs from a seller on ebay and had good results
with your eggs and so on

(2) post there user name and what breed they sell here for others
we all know what a mine filed ebay is so this could really help others

(3) dont forget to let us know in the post why you recommend this person
what hatch rate did you get and so on

(5) always check the sellers feedback to see how others have done (thanks to CMFAM for bringing  that up as i forgot to put that  )

(5) to the forum team i do not profit in anyway from this just thought it may help others

Great idea Darren!!!!.... I'm sure a lot of us have been ripped-off by some e-bayers!!!   Perhaps this could be a sticky?????

doorman

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 23:03 »
Quote from: "agapanthus"
.... I'm sure a lot of us have been ripped-off by some e-bayers!!!

The cock and hen in the foreground were hatched from eggs sold on ebay as, "From show winning Buff Sussex stock"

agapanthus

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 23:52 »
Quote from: "doorman"
Quote from: "agapanthus"
.... I'm sure a lot of us have been ripped-off by some e-bayers!!!

The cock and hen in the foreground were hatched from eggs sold on ebay as, "From show winning Buff Sussex stock"

blooming hell!!!! :shock:  :shock: ....lot of game bird in there going by the legs!!!!

Bodger

eBay recommendations
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 06:56 »
The time of the year that you bought your eggs must also be taken into account. I wouldn't expect eggs  bought early in the season to not have the same fertility rates as those purchased later on in the year.
There are some crooks out there, there can be no doubt, but some problems certainly can lie with the people purchasing the eggs and what they do with them when they get them home.

agapanthus

eBay recommendations
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 09:21 »
Quote from: "Bodger"
The time of the year that you bought your eggs must also be taken into account. I wouldn't expect eggs  bought early in the season to have the same fertility rates as those purchased later on in the year.
There are some crooks out there, there can be no doubt, but some problems certainly can lie with the people purchasing the eggs and what they do with them when they get them home.

That's very true Bodger but in mid-season with 18 eggs from 1 buyer all totally duff....I would certainly not buy from them again!

Vember

eBay recommendations
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 10:29 »
I always go for the buy it now option,
Have had a great hatching rate :)

When Grandad's gone I'll add ALL the people I've bought from only 1 I wouldn't touch again :D

Sarah

Bodger

eBay recommendations
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 10:33 »
I've added the word 'not' to my original post. :oops:

I've sourced hatching eggs for people and then hatched some of them here, while the other person has had very poor results, I've had very good hatches.

too many girls

eBay recommendations
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 11:08 »
Bodger, can you clarify "early in the season" for those of us new to this, what is the best time of year to purchase eggs? when are fertility rates high or low?

Bodger

eBay recommendations
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 11:12 »
At the beginning of the season, thats in the spring, I've found that some of the brood cocks might be firing blanks. I've got pens of birds that have had poor fertility rates early in the year, then go onto produce excellent results in the summer. This is particularly the case if the cock is two or three years old.

rockchicks

eBay recommendations
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 13:04 »
We had our 12 orpington eggs in mid-march and had 12 hatches and our 12 duck eggs in early june which had 11 hatches and some of our own barred plymouth rocks in early may (not a great fertility rate but we are hoping for better results next spring with our new quality correctly marked plymouth barred rock cockerel which can be seen in my signature)  :D

xx
ebay eggs

Started by naturesparadise on The Hen House

9 Replies
Last post March 06, 2008, 20:05
by alibean
xx
eBay egg WATCH

Started by naturesparadise on The Hen House

11 Replies
Last post June 24, 2008, 23:23
by Fifitrix
xx
Ebay and hatching eggs

Started by mobyjones on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post October 01, 2007, 14:52
by chelle
xx
Burned by an ebay coop.

Started by katey on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post February 14, 2011, 15:07
by Lastcast

Page created in 0.33 seconds with 38 queries.