Spud seeds

• 14 Replies

lightyears

Spud seeds
« on: August 04, 2008, 19:49 »
As from my previous post, now my maincrop are nearly out of the way im gonna try some Christmas potatoes. thing is im too late to buy seeds by the looks of it. Does anyone know of anyware that still has them? or has anyone got some that i could purchase off them  :lol:  :lol:

lightyears

Spud seeds
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 23:03 »
anyone?

Kate and her Ducks

Spud seeds
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 23:06 »
I ordered some called Vivaldi 10 days ago for Christmas to grow in sacks. Need to chase them up actually as haven't arrived yet and time is getting on. Can't remember where from but will look it up on my email.
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Spud seeds
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 23:08 »
look at this thread - called 'Second crop potatoes' at the bottom of the first page on this forum if the link doesn't work for any reason.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

kezlou

Spud seeds
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 23:14 »
Hi Lightyears,

Not sure if this applys to your question, but i'm growing ordinary potatoes, desiree in a pot. Hopefully they'll work and be ready for Christmas dinner. It's my first time trying this approach but its seems to be working up to now.

Kez
Who needs a guard-dog when you can have cats for guards!

iwantanallotment

Spud seeds
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 23:26 »
I got some from Victoriana a while back lightyears, you could give them a try if you don't find any meanwhile? I don't understand the instructions they sent with em though :oops: so just doing them the normal way and hoping for the best.
Mine will be grown in containers too kez, planting early Sept. Had lots from those in florist's buckets, was really surprised!

kezlou

Spud seeds
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 23:35 »
Great, i'll be planting some more then! I'm planting in an old i've got in my yard. Thanks for that :)

iwantanallotment

Spud seeds
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 23:39 »
Quote from: "kezlou"
I'm planting in an old i've got in my yard.

Planting in an old what, kez?  :lol:

I've got 2 compost bags full too, can't wait to tip em out and see. If they've done well I may do my Christmas ones that way, in greenhouse.

kezlou

Spud seeds
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 23:50 »
Lol thought i'd missed something!  :lol:

An old bin i should have written, got potatoes in in at the mo, so as they out i'll put some more in. hopefully they'll be ready for December.
Never thought of putting them in a greenhouse, now theys an idea hmmm

lightyears

Spud seeds
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 23:53 »
got a couple of pound shops round this way, never thought of them

iwantanallotment

Spud seeds
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 00:14 »
Quote from: "kezlou"

Never thought of putting them in a greenhouse, now theys an idea hmmm

It's just to guard against the frosts, kez. We get a few here before Dec is through, expect you do too? I have a relative in Blyth & he sends pics every year of the Christmas Day freeeezing sea dip they do there, MAD!  :lol:

My Mom and everybody comes to me for Christmas dinner, so really hoping to serve them up my own fresh tatties and all my own veg, that would be really special  :wink:

kezlou

Spud seeds
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 00:40 »
Sea diping in Christmas day are they mad its baltic up here!!!  :shock:
Here in Middlesbrough we them from early October onwards its horrible. They is no way in hell i'd near the North Sea in December. Is it some sort of tradtion?

I know what you mean about being special, i'd love to see my dads face when put a plate of home grown veg in front of him just to see his face.

Lightyears:-  i tend to buy most of my stuff from the pound shop they sell all sorts from fleece to plastic tubs which i convert to pots.

iwantanallotment

Spud seeds
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 00:54 »
Yep kez, it's some daft tradition they got and they do it every year, in Santa outfits etc, but some are in trunks & bathers!  :shock:

My Mom just tried to swindle me out of a bag of beans.....I go there for tea every Wed, but this week we're eating out - & she told me to bring a bag of beans for tea, must think I'm simple  :lol:

Poundland is ace for gardening stuff, agreed. I got their Dancing Daisy sprinkler, was in stitches watching it, but it does the job! Oooops, just realised it's still on  :oops:
Dunno if they still have seed taters though, mine hasn't.

kezlou

Spud seeds
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2008, 01:05 »
i had a look the other day they dont have any seed potatoes in either.
My dad thinks the only i can is grow is weeds lol supporting eh

Santa suits ok but thongs?! has any one caught hypothermia yet?

iwantanallotment

Spud seeds
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2008, 01:15 »
Hey, I never said thongs - OR Borat swimsuits! If that was the case I'd look a bit more closely at the pics  :lol:

Last year my bruv's carnival had a bed race where one team all wore Borat swimsuits, my sis-in-law didn't know where to look. I'd have known :lol:

You'll shock your Dad kez, you're really doing great. Invite him over for tea one night, when you have a really good harvest  :wink:

xx
new spud seeds

Started by smc on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post January 30, 2011, 09:03
by Kristen
xx
cold weather for my poor spud seeds

Started by spudlover on Grow Your Own

5 Replies
Last post March 13, 2013, 11:19
by maxie
xx
spud me like................

Started by mrpotatohead on Grow Your Own

0 Replies
Last post August 02, 2012, 22:46
by mrpotatohead
xx
Top spud tip

Started by Pompey Spud on Grow Your Own

8 Replies
Last post April 01, 2008, 20:46
by gobs

Page created in 0.303 seconds with 36 queries.